Peru Chiclayo Mission 9/2013-9/2015

Peru Chiclayo Mission 9/2013-9/2015

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Today is my 11 month mark!?!

Week #46
8/11/14
Hey Everyone!!

Today is my 11 month mark!?! I cant believe its already been 11 months! Its flown by so fast!! So this week went pretty well!! There were a few things that i really liked! One experience that was really awesome!

The first thing is that after all i did not have a change which means i will be here for a couple more weeks, im excited about that! If i dont have an emergency change in the middle of this transfer that means that i will be here for my 1 year mark, my companions 1 year mark, my companions birthday, my pensions birthday, and also Gregoris baptism!! Theres also a little festival thing thats coming to Jaen so there should be some cool stuff from Peru to buy as little gifts and things!! So im pretty stoked i didnt have changes! Now im hoping that i wont have emergency transfers!!

The second thing was that on Saturday we had the baptism of Luz Vargas! She is the sister of Ruth, one of the recent converts! After she was baptized she gave her testimony and shared her feelings with everyone and that was one of my favorite parts of the week! During her testimony she said that the first time that we visited her it was in the perfect moment in her life! She said she was passing through trials in her family and that she was having some difficulties in her life and thats when we showed up to be able to help her! I remember the first visit we had with her! It was one night that we were going to visit Ruth and we called her name but her sister, Luz came to the window and said yeah she'll be down in minute and when Ruth came down to meet with us i just felt like i should ask if her sister wanted to meet with us too. Ruth went and asked and from then on we taught Luz until she got baptized on Saturday! It was just a cool experience to realize how guided we were in that moment by the spirirt! Thats was a really cool experience for me!!

Other than that this week has been pretty normal! My companion has started studying English and so im helping him learn and thats a pretty fun experience! We started saying some prayers in English and i have to admit that the first time i had basically forgotten how to pray in English! I had forgotten how to phrase everything! It still sounds weird to me to pray in English but were getting better at it together! Haha! Hes also teaching me how to talk in an accent from Argentina and its pretty fun! Other than that all is going well and im happy to be staying for a little while longer! 

Hope you all have a great week! I know this church is true and that there is a living prophet today and that we should follow his words just like in times of old!!

Love,
Elder Jarman

No comments:

Post a Comment